NO FUNDING CUTS! NO COMMUNITY CLOSURES!
On the 1st May, people in almost 100 towns and cities around the world, including Darwin and Alice Springs, marched to show support for WA Aboriginal communities who face an uncertain future. We also marched to protest recent funding cuts to Aboriginal community services across Australia. There have been indications that the Federal Government is now trying to absolve themselves of future financial responsibility of NT Aboriginal communities.
Please join us at the following events:
FRIDAY 26th JUNE: Rally from Raintree Park at 12pm
SATURDAY 27th JUNE: Community Forum at 1pm CDU—Blue 5 Lecture Theatre
The topic of this forum will be:
“Developing the North: At What Cost?” Chaired by Charlie King, panellists will include:
- Steve Larkin, Director Australian Centre for Indigenous Knowledges and Education (ACIKE)
- Priscilla Collins, CEO North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency (NAAJA)
- John Paterson, EO Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance NT (AMSANT)
- Joe Morrison, CEO Northern Land Council (NLC)
- Community representatives