ABC Local Radio in Darwin is seeking a creative Indigenous person with a passion for digital content to take up a 12 month traineeship developing their Radio, digital, video production and presentation skills.
ABC is looking for someone who loves content and is ready for a career in radio. You’ll need to show commitment, passion and a willingness to learn. You might already be finished or studying a TAFE Certificate or another media qualification.
You’ll have good problem solving skills and be very organised. You will be an excellent communicator love working with a great team of producers and presenters.
In this traineeship you’ll learn to:
• Develop program production, recording and editing skills for flow radio programs. Suggest content, research and compile simple stories of suitable duration for program use reflecting clarity, accuracy.
• Develop competence in the use of computing & electronic studio & field recording, replay & editing equipment.
• Pre-record straightforward interviews, voice reports/packages.
• Support local community activities, such as outside broadcasts.
• Produce digital and social media content including taking, editing and uploading photos and videos.
This is an awesome opportunity to gain experience and start your career, and you’ll be provided with the support and training needed to do this. This experience may also lead to further employment opportunities within the ABC.
The ABC’s a great place to work; they provide various opportunities for Indigenous staff, including attending the national Indigenous staff conference, activities during NAIDOC week, regular networking events and mentoring support.
You’ll have a friendly and supportive environment to learn and grow in, with a team and manager who will help you with any questions and give you regular opportunities to talk about your progress. You will also have access to a network of Indigenous staff and support from the ABC’s Indigenous Employment Manager.
If this sounds like a fantastic opportunity apply now!
- Applicants must address the selection criteria.